Former Google and Salesforce Pip White joins Slack to spearhead momentum across Europe
November 18th, 2021 – Slack, a messaging app for business, has today revealed strong annual growth across Europe, with new metrics demonstrating the business’ performance and the platform’s usage over the past year. To continue to drive and accelerate Slack’s leadership in the region, the company has appointed Pip White, as it’s new SVP and GM of EMEA.
Having previously held senior leadership positions at Salesforce, before joining Google Cloud as Managing Director for the UK&I, White is well placed to lead the charge in EMEA for Slack, as one of today’s fastest growing SaaS companies which was acquired by Salesforce.
Revealed on the occasion of Slack’s annual event this week, Frontiers, the European stats indicate:
- Many of Europe’s largest stock-listed companies are now Paid Customers
- FR: 31 of the CAC 40 are Paid Customers (78%)
- DE: 26 of the DAX 40 are Paid Customers (65%)
- UK: 43 of the FTSE 100 are Paid Customers (43%)
- Paid customers in Europe are increasingly using Slack Connect to connect with external partners and clients
- FR: Number of Paid Customers using Slack Connect increased by 45% YoY
- UK: Number of Paid Customers using Slack Connect increased by 38% YoY
- DE: Number of Paid Customers using Slack Connect increased by 37% YoY
- European Paid customers are integrating a growing number of apps into Slack to create their own digital headquarters
- UK: Number of apps integrated into Slack increased by 30% YoY
- DE: Number of apps integrated into Slack increased by 27% YoY
- FR: Number of apps integrated into Slack increased by 24% YoY
Pip White, SVP and GM, EMEA, Slack said: “Slack’s growth sheds light on how critical having a digital headquarters as a central place for work and social interactions has become for businesses. After all, we won’t keep lifting and shifting old ways of working from the office to the home. Instead, we will develop digital HQs, which will improve productivity, foster innovation and help increase the diversity of company workforces – something I’m very passionate about.
“I’m excited to watch this trend play out and see Slack’s momentum continue to rise across Europe. Especially as we work with Salesforce to create the business operating system for the new world of work so that organisations have a single source of truth for their business, and a single platform for connecting their people and applications wherever they are.”
Helping to transform business communications for a variety of teams, such as BT, Man Group, HSBC, Vodafone, Starling Bank, and Deliveroo, the UK is one of Slack’s biggest markets globally and serves 43% of the FTSE 100.